Thursday, October 24, 2013

Abelardo Morell and camera obscura


Today I was on the National Geographic webpage and came across these really interesting photographs by Abelardo Morell that incorporated the ground as the canvas for the shots. I thought this to be a really interesting concept and idea. This idea takes away from the beauty of the subject and makes the photograph much busier. Yet, it is a fascinating idea that creates something entirely different that is really cool. This sparked my interest into this type of photography and led me to the concept of camera obscura. I still don't fully understand how this works, but plan on doing more research on it. From what I have gained, it seems like a long and difficult process but it creates something completely new and you gain an entirely different perspective and opinion.
 http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/10/morell-parks/morell-photography#/01-turret-arch-arches-670.jpg

These are a couple of Abelardo Morell's photographs that I really like

No comments:

Post a Comment